old fashion Apple Pie
Pastry for 2 crust pie 6 cups thinly sliced pared
1 cup sugar cooking apples (2 lbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon 2 tablespoons butter or
4 tablespoons flour margarine
1. on lightly floured surface, roll out half of pastry into an 11 inch circle. Use to line 9 inch pie plate, trim. Refigerate with rest of pastry, until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 425f
3. In small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, flour, and salt, mixing well
4. Add to apples in large bowl, tossing lightly to combine.
5. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate, mounding high in center. dot with butter
6. Roll out remaining pastry into an 11 inch circle. Make several slits near center for steam vents. adjust over filling, trim.
7. Fold edge of top crust under bottom crust: press together with fingertips. Crimp edge decoratively.
8. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or untle apples are tender and crust is golden-brown.
9. Cool partially on wire rack. Serve warm.
Macaroni and Cheese Casserole (Baked, this is my families absolute fav Mac and cheese ever)
2 1/2 cups uncooked Dash pepper
elbow macaroni 2 1/4 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
Sauce 2 cups grated sharp
1/4 cup butter cheddar cheese
1/4 cup all purpose 3 Tablespoons butter or
flour margerine, melted
1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup packaged dry
1/2 teaspoon dry bread crumbs
1. prehaeat oven to 375
2. in large kettle, bring 4 quarts water to boiling. Add
macaroni and salt, boil rapidly, uncovered and stirring
occasionally, 10 minutes or untill tender. Drain
3. Meanwhile, make sauce. Melt butter in 2- quart saucepan;
remove from heat. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and pepper
4. Gradually add milk, bring to boiling, over medium heat,
5. In 2 quart casserole, layer half of macaroni with 3/4 cup
of cheese; repeat
6.Pour sauce over top; sprinkle with the rest of cheese.
7. Toss butter with breadcrumbs. sprinkle over top. Bake
uncovered for 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.