Saturday, May 29, 2021

Life can sure throw you for a loop!

 I spent so many years scrapbooking and painting. Then life began to change so much!

Raising my grandsons has not always easy but when I started raising Dylan just before he turned 3 with cystic fibrosis, it started a major tailspin. His care has kept me busy and then I had noticed right away the signs of adhd but they did not want to test him till age 5 even though his preschool teachers saw it also.  But after testing at 5 there was no doubt. Later he was dx. Adhd, anxiety and O.C.D.   

Life was not always easy and I looked forward to the hours he was in school so I had some me time although frequent infections made him miss school quite often.

Then March 2020 hit and covid changed everyone's life. Suddenly there was no free time and with his disease we were filled with fear and afraid to go anywhere. Virtual schooling and adhd are a total joke let me tell you. Tension mounted and mentally I needed me time so bad. May hit and I decided somehow I needed something for me to do ,something I could escape to...

Well back in Nov. 2019 I went to a vendor and craft show and saw this magnetic jewelry that you can design or personalize with your own photos. I loved it so I ordered a pendant with a photo insert of my sweet granddaughter for my daughter Mindy's  Christmas gift.It drew attention wherever we went! Mindy and I decided to have a party, which we did very early March right before the state shut down. The party was Friday. The next morning my daughter found out she was exposed to covid! Eek all those people at that party. Gratefully Mindy never got it then and the party was a huge success and now our friends loved it like we did.

I decided I loved the jewelry, others did too and I could do what they call Facebook parties! This was my new escape! 

Well May 6 was my 1 year Magnaversary and it has rocked my world. Never did I think I would do so well, I have earned amazing incentives and gifts and prices and yes paid too! The end of April I went to Maui, a trip I earned selling jewelry. I work my business but I love it and it doesn't feel like work!  

I have not had a lot of time to paint, quilt or scrap as Sept. We changed from virtual school to homeschool something I said I would never do but covid left me little choice. I am getting a little more of a system to homeschool and my business so ready to start doing more craft things. I love the new me!





No comments: