Monday, April 14, 2008

My My it's MONDAY! MORE RAKS!


WOW only 2 more days till my blog is 2 years old! I cannot believe it! THINGS ARE MOVING FAST!
Only 4 names to draw from for yesterdays drawing! THE LUCKY WINNER OF YESTERDAYS DRAWING IS ...............
..
..

..
..

..
..

Lisa! congratulations! Lisa since you registered at 2 scrappy sisters can you send me a pm there with your snail mail addy!

Everyone keep on posting! and everyones names when into the grand prize drawing!

Today I though I would share with you an altered item I just made!I know it is not Christmas time but I was in the mood. This is a cone available at Michaels, JoAnns etc. or you can use actual thread cone. you will need to punch a hole in two opposite sides of the large open end of the cone. Then I used my favorite paste to put on the scrapbook pattern paper with. YOU can use what ever paste you want, modge podge etc. Then I inked the edges of the cone to add a antiqued look! I then inked the holly leaves and berry technique tuesday chipboard and glued that on. I also added A Joy rub-on and (on side not pictured) a peace on earth rub-on! Inside for now I stuck in some greenery a fake candy cane a few bells etc. (at Christmas time I want to do chocolates, candy canes and a gift certificate) oh and the red and white ribbon threaded through the two holes to hang it!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Love your altered christmas item
Susie!!!!

Alex said...

Very cute Susie - love this no matter what time a year it is!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

mustangkayla said...

Cute idea Susie!

Lisa said...

Yeah...thanks Susie! I will PM you with my addy.

Unknown said...

What a neat project. Its always a good time to do Christmas crafts.